Please consider making a donation to the choir. Our outreach concerts bring live music to nursing and retirement homes, and we have a strong commitment to never turn a singer away for financial reasons. A donation of $85 would provide the funds for a partial subsidy for a singer who cannot afford a full term of choir dues. Also, we wish to pay our director and accompanist fairly for their work.
Other choir expenses your donation could support include the following:
- $35 – the cost of a lady’s choir blouse (the portion the choir pays)
- $75 – the cost of rehearsal space rental for one week
- $185 – the cost of a full subsidy for one term of choir dues
- $275 – the cost of one set of scores (music) for a new song
- $480 – the cost to run our website for one year
- $1,275 – the cost of rehearsal space rental for one season
High Spirits is a registered charity (The Vancouver High Spirits Choral Society) and you will receive a tax receipt for your donation. Donations received before the end of December will receive a tax receipt for this calendar year.
Donations can be made in three ways:
1. Donate using Paypal:
2. To make a direct donation by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express, please email our treasurer, Mike Maughan, at [email protected] and he will phone for your card number.
3. Mail a cheque to High Spirits Choir
c/o 434 - 333 Wethersfield Drive, Vancouver BC V5X 4M9.
If you have friends or family members who may wish to contribute, I hope that you will pass on our request. If you know someone who runs a small business and is interested in sponsoring a song in our concert program, please contact Mike at [email protected]
Thank you so much for your help - we hope to see you at our next concert.